Dave on Twitter

07 December, 2009

More Music and More Live shooting

First thing's first - here are two pics from last week's Gevalia shoot. The shoot was awesome but my Blackberry takes crappy pictures. I'll see if I can get a hold of some production stills, but until then-

Setup for a macro shot on the water-level indicator.

The setup for a few passes on a wall of Gevalia boxes.

We shot on the Canon 5D mkII, an HDSLR, in 1080/30p. The day after this shoot, the production was to shoot a "coffee-tasting party" using mostly available light. Since all of their stuff would allow the windows to go blue, I decided that these product shots should carry over some of that look. I gelled the kitchen windows with half CTO (to get the daylight a little closer to our lights), and we shot with a Tungsten white balance. All in all, I'm VERY happy with the images we got. Just got word that the client was too and there will likely be more stuff coming our way from Gevalia.

Thanks to this shoot, I'm starting to really think hard about buying an HDSLR...

As for news, tomorrow night I've got another concert shoot with director, Scott Lochmus. Looking forward to the excitement and incredible pace and energy of shooting live to tape (a sort of oxymoron - meaning, the footage will be switched/edited in real time). I'll be operating alongside Roger Grange again, and what's particularly cool is that it's going to be a VERY different feel from the Streisand gig. The featured act is Lady Gaga, who I hear is quite the performer. Should be fun!